7 Easy Steps to Becoming a WikiWorldCitizen
1: Combating dehumanizing systems
As with the Matrix, the real battle is to dissolve ones own inner limitations. “Free your mind!” Unleashing the power of ones imagination makes this possible. As Marianne Williamson once said, our deepest fear is that “we are powerful beyond measure … As we are liberated from our own fears, our presence automatically liberates others”. Claiming our own power to imagine takes education, undoing of the mind and taking what we know into action.
● Run for office as an independent and create Clean Politics, support candidates that don’t accept corporate cash. If people with money, power or influence try to persuade, then question, think for yourself and create your own solutions.
2: Cover your footsteps
The Orwellian surveillance state can be thwarted. Use common sense and take steps to avoid tracking. Use cash. Use Start Page search instead of Google. Use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. Use the Tor Network, it’s free.
3: Blow Your Own Whistle
There are many ways to become a citizen watchdog. Become a blogger! If you see something happening that is illegal or immoral and is embedded in the system, find a way to bring public attention to it. Support Independent Media and demand DemocracyNow!
4: Speak for the Other
People are collaborating across the borders, taking turns to speak the truth. What is seen in the recent independent documentary film, The Cove where non Japanese citizens exposed the cruel practice of dolphin killing, to Japanese congressman calling for 9-11 truth investigation, speaking things that Americans have a difficulty dealing with, Russian news outlet, Russia Today give voices to those who are shut out in the US corporate media, though they won’t criticize their own government. Each takes a turn speaking for each other on behalf of this fragile planet.
5: Join Creative and Sustainable Commons
Creative commons are people who are driven not by profit motives, but a sense of service, using one’s skill, talent and passion as a gift to the larger community. Music, blogs by ordinary citizens are a part of the movement that transforms the way we relate to and sharing with each other on all levels.
● Truthout, non-profit news site harnessing the power of the Internet, sharing their digital artwork as well as progressive ideas and peaceful thought throughout the world.
● Diaspora, Alternative social network site, that is fully committed to the values of open source, sharing and responsible privacy initiated by young hackers that works to counteract the direction where facebook is moving.
● Poetry Slam, audience as judges, everyone can sign up and perform. It is a tradition of arts of commons.
● CredoMobile is a network provider that is committed to transparency, honesty and to respect privacy.
6: Conscious Move
Each person as citizen of the planet has a power to change the way their business is done. Bike to work, take public transportation.
Every dollars can make a difference. We can choose each time we shop what kind of world we would like to create by choosing how to spend our money. Support local business and keep money in the community. Buy fair trade. Avoid buying from huge corporations or monopolies.
7: Life as Schooling
“The question is not: what knowledge or skills does a person need to have in order to benefit the existing social order. But: what pre-disposition does this person have, and what is capable of development? Then it will be possible to channel new energies from the rising generation into the social order. Then the rising generation will not be fitted into the mold of the existing society, rather society will be what these newly recruited adults make of it” – Rudolf Steiner
●Become a teacher, or engage in life long education through conscious parenting. Engage in an education committed to the cultivation of imagination to create a future generation of WikiWorldCitizens!
● Waldorf Education founded by the idea of Austrian philosopher, Rudolf Steiner, is one of successful educational models practiced all over the world that embodies the principle of a lifelong love of learning and global consciousness.
● Discover the World New
Travel to connect and expand consciousness. Become MapMakers to learn about oneself and the world.
Lastly, but most importantly, it is our will and courage that can open the door. The key is within each of us. We have to simply walk through it. Chinese proverb says, “to know and not to do is not to know”. Thoughts are important, but if our thoughts do not accompany action it is the same as not knowing. Start living as a WikiWorldCitizen now!